5 Apps Every Meeting Planner Should Have
Technology is here, there, everywhere! I consider myself a moderate user of the evolving tech world. I know enough to get around, but I’m certainly not the type to camp out for days to get the latest model of a phone. I certainly cannot intelligently tell you what that extra megabyte does!
As my professional and personal worlds increasingly collide with all this connectivity, it got me thinking about the benefits for meeting planners. Nowadays, virtual meetings are almost the norm, electronic contracts save time and paper, and being connected allows for us to respond quickly to clients and vendors. Thanks to the evolution of apps, we save time and money, plan more efficiently, and carry a lot less baggage. Yet, the number of apps out there can be overwhelming. Where does the already-inundated planner begin? Here are a few of my favorites for iPhone/iPad users like me.
- Meeting Mngr Pro ($2.99) – This allows you to connect to as many iPads as you need for your scheduled meeting. You can directly push applicable documents, surveys, and give/receive feedback in real time, to/from attendees.
- myAgenda ($0.99) – This is designed for the planner who wants to prepare and run effective meetings. You can organize and manage every meeting and synchronize them with your iPhone calendar. This app allows you to create meeting agendas containing a title, select attendees from your Address Book, and add topics, subtopics, and notes. Lastly, email the agenda to yourself or the attendees ahead of time to ensure everyone is meeting-ready.
- Super Planner ($9.99) – This is like having a much-needed assistant with you at all times! It provides a variety of planning tools, including calculators for venue capacity, staffing, catering, staging, projection and dance floor, as well as useful tips in several areas. Features include a capacity calculator, food and beverage calculator, staffing calculator, plus calculators for audiovisual portions of your event and presentation and projection tips.
- MindNode ($9.99) – This app is magical—it automatically arranges your thoughts! It’s great for people juggling multiple ideas who want their brainstorming results cohesively organized. It colorfully connects lists, notes, and suggestions via a network called a “mind map” that looks like a subway schematic for busy lives.
- FlightTracker Pro – ($9.99) – Where is everyone? With this app, you can not only track your own flights, but the flights of your VIPs, vendors and speakers.
You can purchase any of these through iTunes.
What are your favorite apps? What is the most unique app that you have come across? We’d love to hear.