Now that the sun has set on summer, we find ourselves in a new season—and autumn lends itself perfectly to evocative activities. With its crisp air and profound effects on landscapes across the country, fall sets an ideal backdrop for memorable group outings. Here are some seasonal ideas to use for incentive trips, corporate retreats, and for simply for adding color to corporate meetings:
- Ghost Tour – Spook things up with a guided ghost tour. Many cities have a “haunted” past and offer walking and/or bus tours with a captivating host to tell stories along the way.
- Cider Making/ Donuts – Local apple farms often make their own cider and donuts, and they welcome groups. Let your attendees take part in this timeless fall treat and help them show off their culinary talents.
- Hot-Air Balloon Ride – Year-round this is a treat, but views of autumnal foliage can’t be beat. Start your day with a sunrise ride with breakfast bites and mimosas to set a soaring mood.
- Fly-Fishing – A time-honored tradition that makes for a talked about excursion…”I caught one this big…”
- Horseback Riding – Whether on a beach, through a desert, or in the mountains, horseback rides create a fun communion with Mother Nature.
- Hiking Excursions – Get your group moving with a wellness activity. Most hiking companies can tailor outings to meet all fitness levels, and can provide a helpful guide to point out indigenous plants and animals along the way.
- Beer Tasting – You don’t need a passport to enjoy Oktoberfest. Work with local brewers to host your own Bavarian-themed event.
- Wine Tasting – There’s still time to take advantage of harvest season. Consider sampling, pairing, even stomping the grapes!
- Helicopter – Nothing offers better aerial views of the changing landscape than a view from a helicopter.
- Food Trucks – Autumn weather makes it not too hot, not too cold to enjoy outdoor dining! Set up seating and have two to three food trucks with different varieties to serve your guests.
What fall festivities are you incorporating into your planning? We would love to hear!