Team Up and Give Back
With the holidays—the traditional season of giving—right around the corner, this seems a good time to enhance our corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs. Planning team-building events that make an impact can have a tremendously motivating (and grounding) impact on participants, plus such events help the community and bolster corporate images as well. In other words, everyone wins.
Here are some ideas to spark your spirit of giving:
1. Artful Collaboration – In an Art of Giving charity team-building program, your group work together to create a huge, colorful canvas and then donate it to a public care facility. These wonderful works of art will adorn the walls for all residents to enjoy. This is a great way to build teamwork skills among employees, while also enriching the lives of community members.
2. A Comforting Touch – Bears and Blankets offers a heartwarming team-building experience that asks teams to build items that will comfort kids in distress. Your teams will stuff and decorate teddy bears and other stuffed animals, and create beautiful knot blankets as well. All the items made will then be delivered to crisis centers and law enforcement agencies for children who have experienced trauma.
3. Toys, Toys, Toys – Host a toy drive by challenging internal departments to see which can bring in the most toys. If the organization you have selected accepts wrapped gifts, organize a wrapping party, and offer prizes to the most creative wrapping team, the fastest wrapping team, etc. Be sure to label the packages so they can later be distributed to the right age group.
4. The Games People Play – Charitable event or competitive game show? Why not both? Whether your group is looking for some team building/tension busting between meetings, or an entertainment segment after dinner, game shows offer a fun solution that people can really cheer for. When combining the excitement of a game show format with a charitable donation to a worthy cause of choice, you’ve got the recipe for CSR success!
5. Critter Rescue – Putting for Pets offers a fun, inventive charity team-building event that concludes with the donation of pet food/supplies to local animal shelters and rescue organizations. Your group will design and build one-of-a-kind holes miniature golf holes using pet supplies and other building materials. After the course has been built, an entertaining tournament ensues with scoring and fun competition. Your team will bond while building, have fun while playing, and walk away with the joy of contributing to a very worthwhile cause.
We would love to hear what charitable team building ideas you are planning.