Holiday Gift Ideas
I love the holidays, and especially gift buying—better to give, than to receive! I am someone who puts a good deal of thought into picking a gift that I know suits its intended recipient, right down to the wrapping paper! And after I’ve completed my gift buying for friends and family, I like that I’m not yet done. Like many of you, I have clients, vendors, and hoteliers who all need something as a token of my appreciation for their partnerships.
Obviously, it is different buying for a corporate partner than for a loved one who you know more intimately. If you find this problematic, here are six gifts I consider foolproof—useful, thoughtful, and sure to please a range of business contacts.
- Take Note – The Alicia Klein iPad Notetaker is a two-for-one gift that’s perfect for those who need to protect their iPad, but also like the convenience—and backup—of having an old-fashioned notepad handy. $26.30 (quantity price), www.pinnaclepromotions.com.
- Well Groomed Gentlemen – The Art of Shaving have mastered products for men’s skin with their aromatherapy-based products. For the man on the go, the Carry-On Kit is a convenient solution for a clean shave on the road. The kit comes in four different fragrances and each contains Pre-Shave Oil Pump, Shaving Cream Pump, Badger Shaving Brush, and After-Shave Balm Pump in clear zipped pouch. $60.00, www.theartofshaving.com
- It’s a Wrap – A soft cashmere wrap is truly an indispensable travel companion. Stylish, versatile, and able to extend the look of any outfit, it’s especially good for meeting planners. White and Warren offer wraps that are 100% cashmere, offered in 19 different colors, and do triple duty as a scarf, wrap, and blanket for flights and hotel rooms. $298.00, whiteandwarren.com
- Wine of the Month Clubs – For a gift that keeps on giving, wine clubs offer a great treat for six months to a year. Most clubs offer wines from around the world, red, white, or both. $32.95 per month, plus $13.00 s/h for the Premier Series. www.winemonthclub.com
- Classic Candies – Who doesn’t love a sweet treat—especially when its something like Belgian chocolate with a customized company logo? This a great personalized gift to send to a team or office to show your appreciation. Pricing varies, www.totallychocolate.com
- Thankful Foodies – Inspire at-home chefs with a basket of culinary goodies. Uncommongoods has a variety of specialty kitchen utensils that allows you to pick gifts based on your recipient, then create your own basket to display these unique finds. Pricing varies, www.uncommongoods.com
Have a great gift idea? We would love for you to share!